Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Students Balk at New Meal Guidelines for School Lunches

Students are not accepting the new, more healthy school lunch guidelines put forward by the Department of Agriculture.  The lunches have less meat and dairy, and more fresh fruit and vegetables.  The meals also have less fried and sugary content.

As someone who has almost always taken my own lunch to school I welcome these improvements.  If they had come about when I was younger I might have even bought them.  Instead, I will hopefully get to encourage my kids to try the new lunches.

Unless they raise the quality to match the nutrition, I don't think these changes will be liked by anyone though.

Link: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/06/nyregion/healthier-school-lunches-face-student-rejection.html


No comments:

Post a Comment