Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

October is a Good Month to Recharge Your Dietary Goals

People who know me know that I would not be a vegetarian if it is was not for my belief that nearly all animals deserve to live and that they need at least a modicum of autonomy.  But it just so happens that vegetarianism is useful to us as well, primarily in terms of health.  And today people are lucky because it is now possible to go vegetarian for just a few meals and they don't need to give up that much in order to fit it in.  There are 'Meatless Monday's' and things like that. Well, October 1st was World Vegetarian Day, and I totally missed it.  Good thing that World Go Vegan Week is coming up from October 24-31, so my slip up is not a total loss.  You really have nothing to lose, so why not give it a try and see if you can live off only fruits, veggies, nuts, and grains for a whole week!   There are some great recipes at my friend Tess Challis' website:  Radiant Health, Inner Wealth.   Oh, and just to lighten the mood, since many people incorrectly believe vegans lack a sense of humor, here's a clip from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World for you to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment