Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

New Developments in Psilocybin Research

Scientists at the Imperial College London have made some new discoveries using fMRI to look at brain activity and blood flow among subjects who have been injected with psilocybin, a psychedelic compound. The results may have implications for the use of psilocybin in treatment for depression.  Visit this link to learn more about this study:  http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20358-psychedelic-drug-cuts-brain-blood-flow-and-connections.html  For a full list of psilocybin and other psychedelic research that is going on worldwide, visit the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) website, here:  http://www.maps.org/research/

1 comment:

  1. I used to tell therapists/psychiatrists/and later professors in my grad school in psychology that my greatest joy/lifting of depression was while tripping. I would vacuum while tripping, for goodness sakes, so happy was I (I hate vacuuming). In their judgmental, narrow, non-infinite wisdom, they would continue to regard it as "risky" behavior--evidence of pathology. My current therapist doesn't see it that way--which is why he is still my current therapist.

    ReplyDelete