Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

SMART Recovery®

I've started attending my first meetings as an observer with the SMART Recovery® program this week.  The program is really amazing, and I'm looking forward to getting more involved and helping the program develop in whatever way I can.

There are currently four meetings which take place in the Madison area.  They are all free and open to the public.  One of the things that's really exciting about this program is that it tries to help people stop from addictive behaviors which are causing problems in their lives.  It relies heavily on science-based evidence and humanistic values.

People who are struggling with an addictive behavior such as drinking, smoking, gambling, etc., can really benefit from this type of program.  So please consider sharing the information to your friends, colleagues, and family members.   To find information about this program, visit http://www.smartrecovery.org/ for the national website, or http://smartrecoverymadison.org/ to find a meeting time and place in Madison.  Observers are welcome to attend, but please contact a facilitator in advance.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dan, I have been working in this field about 7 years now.You can go to college and learn it from books,as I did which is great. However, my best source of information is atending meeting or being apart of a process group and hearing from each group member. My hat is off to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Rob! I completely agree, and I'm really enjoying facilitating meetings so far and doing a lot of listening and learning in the process!

    ReplyDelete