Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Substance Abuse

My work towards certification in Substance Abuse Counseling is going pretty well. I'm taking three credits in AODA/counseling this semester and plan on receiving my training certification in December. After that, I intend to work towards getting my specialty in Substance Abuse Counseling since I now have my Social Work credential. I think that this is a really important area to work in especially with the changes in societal attitudes towards drug and alcohol use, the availability of alternative treatment and programs that allow people to avoid jail. I'm also encouraged by the fact that improvements to accessing mental health and substance abuse treatment are in the pipeline due to health care legislation passed earlier this year by congress. I'll be posting more articles in the future that more specifically address things that I'm interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment